Syed specialises in corporate law, aviation, arbitration, financial markets and cross-border transactions to which he brings a commercial, pragmatic and organised approach with a depth of experience and knowledge.
Syed is regarded by his peers as one of the prominent and accomplished attorney in this field. Syed is known for his formidable legal intellect, his excellent skills in advocacy and his impeccable presentation style. Syed possesses an innate ability to delve straight to the heart of any matter and offer simple yet effective advice that will best serve a client’s interest and lead to the best outcome possible. As a reflection of his expertise, Syed qualified as Member at the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (“MCIArb”) in 2017 and is one the youngest arbitrators to have achieved this enviable and distinguished title in Pakistan. Syed has also been accepted and empanelled as an Arbitrator and Mediator with Asian International Arbitration Centre (AIAC). Syed has also been accepted and empanelled as an International Accredited Professional Mediator (IAPM) with the Mainland- Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center (MHJMC) and International Dispute Resolution & Risk Management Institute (IDRRMI) respectively.
Most recently, Syed was invited at the 8th Judicial Conference (2018) under the auspices of Supreme Court of Pakistan, where he presented his paper on Corruption of Arbitration Awards. Syed has been awarded as the “Leading Corporate Attorney of the Year Pakistan” by AI Global Media as part of their annual ‘Leading Adviser Awards 2018’ and also awarded as the “Corporate Arbitrator of the Year 2018 – Pakistan” by Acquisition International Magazine (UK). Furthermore, Syed was also engaged as a Lecturer (Law) at Shaheed Zulfiqar Ali Bhutto University of Law (SZABUL) where he specialises in teaching Alternate Dispute Resolution and Law of Contract.
Current International Engagements
- Director- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators (CIArb) – Pakistan Chapter; and
- ICC YAF Representative, 2019-2021; and
- Regional Ambassadors- HKIAC; and
- Panel Arbitrator & Mediator – Asian International Arbitration Centre; and
- Panel Arbitrator & Mediator – Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution (CEDR); and
- Panel Practitioner- Disputes Board MENA; and
- Dispute Resolution Experts | Mainland – Hong Kong Joint Mediation Center; and
- Panel Arbitrator & Mediator- New Zealand International Arbitration Centre (NZIAC)